All right. I have eight minutes to knock out a friday five . . .Think I can do it?
1. What was the first thing you ever cooked? Mac and Cheese from a box. I use more butter and a little less milk than is recommended on the box. I have perfected this skill. You can only really call this stuff “Cheese and Macaroni” if I whip it together.
2. What’s your signature dish? Chicken Parmesan. A girl asked me to make it for her when she was visiting me in Maryland. My grandma had been the previous Chicken Parm expert in the family, she gave me the recipe, and I have funked it up good. I swear, you can hear someone shout “BAAAAM” from a distance when I am making this.
3. Ever had a cooking disaster? I burn stuff, but not often. One time, when I was mad blazed, yo, I forgot to put the seasoning in the Rice-A-Roni. My friends and I were tearin’ through the San Francisco Treat for about five minutes before one of the guys brought it to our attention that it tasted like shit.
4. If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal? I had this creamy chicken thing in Switzerland when my parents left us at ski school all day to ski the real mountains. All I remember is that it was the best thing I had ever tasted and I will never get to have it again.
5. What are you doing this weekend? Preparing for my trip to China.